Effective from September 2023
Please note that these terms and conditions (these “Terms”) apply to the BSc (Hons) Live Sound delivered by dBs Institute (“the Institute”) and validated by Falmouth Institute commencing between 1 September 2024 and 30 June 2025 at the Institute’s Manchester campus (each referred to in these Terms as a “Course” and together, the “Courses”).
New Century Manchester Scholarship
- 1. - For the purposes of these Terms:
- 1.1 - the “New Century Scholarship” means the New Century Manchester Scholarship;
- 1.2 - “Fee” means only the total published tuition fee to be paid to the Institute for your Course. It does not mean any fees, costs or expenses (which are not tuition fees) and are expressly excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, the following items are outside the scope of the Fee (without limitation): costs relating to accommodation, living, food, subsistence, travel, stationery, computer or computer equipment, registration, enrolment; fees charged either by the provider, any of its partners and/or any other governing or regulatory body in connection with your studies; library charges; printing charges; and costs associated with retaking any assessment;
- 1.3 - “Fee Schedule” means the schedule of charges setting out the applicable Fee for your specific Course which forms part of the Main Terms and which is available on Falmouth University’s website and which is sent to you upon confirmation of your acceptance of a Course place with the Institute;
- 1.4 - “Fee Liability” means the amount that you are obliged to pay for your Course (if any) once your acceptance of your Course place has been confirmed by the Institute;
- 1.5 - “Main Terms” means the terms and conditions for your Course which are available on the Falmouth University’s website and which are sent to you upon confirmation of your acceptance of a Course place with the Institute;
- 1.6 - “Student” means an individual who has been offered, accepted and been sent confirmation of their acceptance of a Course place with the Institute.
- 2. - To be considered eligible for the New Century Manchester Scholarship, which will only be awarded to one student, you must meet the following criteria (the “Eligibility Criteria”):
- 2.1 - you meet the Institute’s admissions criteria for the BSc (Hons) Live Sound as set out on its website from time to time;
- 2.2 - you have been offered, accepted and have enrolled on the BSc (Hons) Live Sound Degree with the Institute at the Manchester Campus;
- 2.3 - you reside in the Greater Manchester in a POLAR 4 area, Quintile 1 or 2;
- 2.4 - your Course starts between 1 September 2024 and 30 June 2025;
- 2.5 - subject to paragraph 16 of these Terms, you have not accepted any other discount, bursary or scholarship (each an “Award”) to begin and/or complete your Course with the exception of the dBs Hardship Fund which is permitted alongside the New Century Scholarship; and
- 3. - Please note that even if you meet the Eligibility Criteria, you may cease to be eligible for the New Century Scholarship if any of the following apply:
- 3.1 - you cancel your place on your Course (see paragraph 15 below);
- 3.2 - you are withdrawn from your Course (see paragraph 15 below);
- 3.3 - you transfer your place on your Course (see paragraphs 12 and 13 below);
- 3.4 - you defer your place on your Course (see paragraph 14 below);
- 3.5 - you intermit your place on your Course (see paragraphs 14 below);
- 3.6 - you have secured or subsequently obtain, full financial sponsorship for your Course from your employer or other sponsoring organisation;
- 3.7 - you are or become an employee or a family member of an employee or an agent of the Institute or any of its associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies;
- 3.8 -any part of your application for your Course place or any information subsequently provided to the Institute in connection with the New Century Scholarship (including, without limitation, any financial information) is misrepresentative or fraudulent; or
- 4. - If you become ineligible under paragraph 3 of these Terms at any time during your Course, you will become immediately liable for the full Fee Liability for your Course, as set out in your Fee Schedule and Main Terms.
Maximum Fee Reduction
- 5. - Any Fee Reduction awarded to you pursuant to these Terms will be limited to a maximum amount of £9,250 per student per academic year. The Institute reserves the right to increase or decrease this amount at any time.
Application of the New Century Scholarship
- 6. - To make a Scholarship Application you must complete the Scholarship Application Form.
- 7. - Once you have completed and successfully submitted the Scholarship Application Form, you will be able to view an on-screen acknowledgement confirming receipt of your Scholarship Application Form and receive an email confirmed. The Institute will inform you of the outcome of your Scholarship Application by 1st July 2024.
- 8. -Your Scholarship Application must be your own work and not contain any content or material which, in the Institute’s reasonable opinion:
- 8.1 - has been previously published or created by or in collaboration with any other individual;
- 8.2 - is defamatory, libellous, racist, homophobic, derogatory, pornographic, obscene, sexist, illegal, or otherwise inappropriate, (each being “Forbidden Content”). Failure to comply with this paragraph 8. will result in immediate disqualification of your Scholarship Application.
- 8.3 - If your Scholarship Application contains false or misleading information or any Forbidden Content, you will forfeit any right to receive this Scholarship or any other Award from the University. If it becomes apparent after you have enrolled on an Eligible Course that your Scholarship Application contained false or misleading information or any Forbidden Content, you may also be subject to further action in accordance with the Institute’s policies which are available at www.dbsinstitute.ac.uk including: withdrawal from your course; we may seek to recover from you the value of any Scholarship (or part of Scholarship) already applied as a deduction from your fees; and/or you could face criminal prosecution.
- 8.4 - By making a Scholarship Application, you:
8.4.1 - confirm that the information you have provided is entirely true and correct; and
- 8.4.2 - agree to provide such further information as and when requested by the Institute, in relation to any audit or investigation or when clarification on the information contained in a Scholarship Application is sought.
Selection and Notification Process
- 9.1 - In assessing your Scholarship Application, the Institute will:
- 9.1.1 -check that your Scholarship Application meets all of the Eligibility Criteria; and assess your responses in your Scholarship Application Form, particularly your scholarship statement. Any eligible applications will be assessed by a panel including senior members of staff at dBs Institute and the New Century management team.
- 9.1.2 - The Institute will try to notify you of the outcome of your Scholarship Application by the expected decision date 1st July 2024.
- 10. - Subject to paragraph 16 below, your Fee Reduction will be credited directly to your Institute account once you have been offered, accepted and have enrolled on the BSc (Hons) Live Sound Degree with the Institute at the Manchester Campus;. The Fee Reduction will then be applied in equal instalments to reduce each of your fee payments by the same amount.
- 11. - Once you have accepted the Institute’s offer you will be issued with a new Fee Schedule to illustrate your new Fee Liability for both instalment and lump sum payment options.
Deferral, Transfer and Intermission
- 12. - The New Century Scholarship is not transferable to another Institute campus or Course.
- 13. - If you transfer to a course at another Institute campus you will forfeit your New Century Scholarship.
- 14. - If you defer or intermit from your Course at the Manchester campus, you will forfeit your New Century Scholarship and you will be liable for the full Fee Liability for your course in accordance with your applicable Main Terms. In these circumstances, any Fee Reduction awarded under the New Century Scholarship will be allocated proportionally across your total Fee Liability. You will retain any proportional allocation for Fee liability which has passed but will lose any amount allocated to future Fee Liability. This amount will be confirmed by the Institute’s Student Finance team by way of email. Your Fee Liability can be found within the Fee Schedule for your Course.
- 15. - In the event that you are awarded the New Century Scholarship and then cancel your place on your Course or you are withdrawn from your Course by the Institute after the No Fee Liability deadline set out in the Fee Schedule for your Course, you will forfeit your Fee Reduction and be personally liable for the Full Fee Liability in accordance with the Main Terms.
- 16. - If you have accepted a Fee Reduction pursuant to the New Century Scholarship and are subsequently offered or awarded another Award other than the dBs Hardship Fund, you will be asked to choose which Award you would prefer to receive. Successful applicants will only be eligible for one Award (with the exception of the dBs Hardship Fund which is permitted alongside the New Century Scholarship).
- 17. - Subject to paragraph 16, the New Century Scholarship is not to be combined with any other offer of reimbursement, rebate or credit offered by the Institute for any Course or any other courses offered by it.
- 18. - The New Century Scholarship is awarded at the sole discretion of the Institute and the Institute’s decision shall be final.
- 19. - The Institute reserves the right to withdraw the New Century Scholarship at any time.
- 20. - You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms to any other person (including a company or business).
- 21. - If there is a delay in the Institute carrying out its obligations to you under these Terms caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Institute, then the Institute shall not be liable to you (or any other person) for the consequences of that delay.
- 22. - If there is a conflict between these Terms and the Main Terms or any other terms issued by the Institute relevant to the New Century Scholarship, then these Terms shall prevail. For the avoidance of doubt, if your New Century Scholarship is revoked, your Fee Liability will be the full Fee Liability for your chosen Course as set out in the Main Terms and the Fee Schedule for your chosen Course.
- 23. - These Terms are governed by English law and both the Institute and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts for any claim arising under or in connection with these Terms and any non-contractual obligation arising out of or in connection with them.
- 24. - Personal information provided by the applicant will be treated as confidential and will not be shared with third parties without prior consent, except as required by law or for the administration of the Scholarship.